According to the Cervantes Institute, Spanish is the second language in the world by number of native speakers and the second language in international communication. Hispanissimo is one of the best schools if you want to learn to speak Spanish.
Spanish is a language that is used in many countries of the western world and in Spain. A language that more than 560 million people speak as their native language and that more and more people from all over the world want to learn.
Such is the demand that, in some countries, there are even people who are left out of the Spanish courses offered due to lack of teachers who can teach the classes. With us, you can learn Spanish the fastest way and even teach it.
Spanish is culture
But Spanish is more than just a way of communicating. It is a whole culture and a society with great wealth and a multitude of peculiarities. And the fact is that there are so many countries in the world that speak it makes the Spanish-speaking culture today a very complex but undoubtedly attractive world, with ways of life that have many points in common but where each of them maintains its own personality, being a diverse and unique variety.
Of course, all these countries owe their language to Spain, where the language that so many millions of people speak today was born, and which comes from Latin. A language that also houses many curiosities that you may not know.
- Spanish is the most widely spoken language in the Western world: Spanish is spoken by 560 million Spaniards who speak the language as a native language in different accents depending on the region. Which makes it the third most widely spoken language on the planet, only surpassed by English and Mandarin Chinese. Also, compared to other languages, it spreads very quickly. Therefore, it is estimated that by 2050 there will be more Spanish speakers than English. In large part due to the fact that the Hispanic population in the United States is growing faster than the English-speaking population.
- Spanish has influences from the Arabic language:
After Latin, one of the greatest cultural influences on Spanish is Arabic, with about 4,000 words of this origin. Spanish dates from a time when there was a significant Arab presence in Spain, which lasted several centuries. This expansion of the language resulted in the adoption of numerous Arabic terms by Spanish-language speakers.
- The vowel «e» is the most used in Spanish:
The «e» is the vowel that appears the most in Spanish words. The word that is most used in Spanish is the preposition «de», while the least used is «sternocleidomastoiditis».
- The Royal Spanish Academy was founded in the 18th century:
The RAE, was founded during the Enlightenment period, is currently the institution that regulates the regulations governing spanish language. It collects and publishes grammar guides and official dictionaries that are used in both Spain and Latin America.
- It is a Romance language but belongs to the Indo-European language family:
Romance languages come from the Iberian-Romanesque group. They are also known as Latin languages, because many of the modern languages evolved from various languages and dialects of Latin between the 6th and 9th centuries AD, and this is how Spanish emerged. Romance languages include Italian, Portuguese, Romany, French, and Catalan.
Some of the languages that are also part of this language branch are English, German, French, Scandinavian languages, Slavic languages and some Hindustani languages.
- Mexico is the largest Spanish-speaking country on the planet:
In Mexico there are 121 million Spanish speakers, making it the country with the most natives in the world. The second is the United States, which has 53 million Spanish speakers, followed by Colombia, Spain and Argentina. Some of them with many different dialects.
- Spanish is the official / coexisting language in countries on the 5 continents:
What there is nothing! We can presume that on every continent, in at least one country, Spanish is spoken. In Europe it is very easy to know which country is the flag. But in Africa it is official in two countries, Morocco and Equatorial Guinea. In the Asia area, we have the Philippines. And if we move to Oceania, we can speak Spanish on Easter Island.
If you want to learn Spanish the fastest way, contact us to provide you with all the information.